4.06.2011

Song Challenge, Day 6

A song that reminds me of somewhere: "Friday, I'm in Love" by The Cure. When I was younger, my family would go to Bear Lake every year with 3 other families. In 1992, I was nearly 14, this song had just come out, and I was desperately in love with a boy from one of the other families. One day, he and my older sister, Sara, were having a debate about whose music taste was better. He was relentless about this song, claiming it was the most ridiculous thing ever recorded. Sara was equally disdainful about his tastes (rap and hip-hop), and while I was secretly in total agreement with Sara, and very much a fan of "Friday," I had to stand up for him, didn't I? Imagine my devastation when he didn't realize that we were meant to be. I defended his music and he didn't even care! (Oh, to be 14...) Anyway, I am still very much a fan of this song, and The Cure, and this song always reminds me of that picnic table, the smell of sunblock, and the taste of Black Cherry Shasta.

1 comment:

The Rookie said...

The angst. Oh, the angst!