10.16.2008

Twitterpation Tunes

I've been feeling maudlin and mopey lately, and listening to music to match. Last night, I decided to lay off the Damien Rice for a while, and in a desperate bid to raise my spirits, turn to the playlist on my iPod with Love songs (as opposed to Love will invariably kick you in the ass Songs), and here are some of my favorites:

"Paperweight" by Joshua Radin, feat. Schuyler Fisk. I recently introduced this song to my friend Jeremiah, and it reminded me how much I love it.
The Awww Moment:
Mess up my bed with me
kick off the covers, i'm waiting
every word you say I think
I should write down
don't want to forget come daylight




"The Way I Am" by Ingrid Michaelson. I don't know anyone who can't relate to this song at least a little bit (except maybe the clowns...sorry about that...). And, it's just cute.
The Awww Moment:
I'd buy you Rogaine
When you start losing all your hair
Sew on patches
To all you tear
Cause I love you more than I could ever promise
And you take me the way I am



"Hands Down" by Dashboard Confessional. I don't want to hear it, okay? I love Dashboard Confessional, and there's nothing anyone can do about it! Plus, I really like this song...
The Awww Moment:
My hopes are so high,
that your kiss might kill me.
So won't you kill me,
so I die happy.
My heart is yours to fill or burst,
to break or bury,
or wear as jewelery,
whichever you prefer.



"Chasing Cars" by Snow Patrol. This song is romantic. It just is.
The Awww Moment:
Let's waste time
Chasing cars
Around our heads
I need your grace
To remind me
To find my own
If I lay here
If I just lay here
Would you lie with me and just forget the world?



I feel a little better...

3 comments:

Geraldo Maia said...

Hello Stephanie,
It is a great pleasure to visit your nice and interesting blog for the first time.
Best wishes from Brazil:
Geraldo

Julie said...

:-O Oh my! Who is Geraldo?

Thank you for the fun playlist. You have excellent taste in music. I am sorry you have been feeling blah. We need to talk! How come you are never on the Googly thingy these day?

Jenn said...

Wow! Who IS Geraldo? Hummmm....
You do have great taste in music. I need a lesson. Hope you are feeling better. Do you have my email? Will you email me so I have yours? xo