9.29.2008

Quirks Ahoy!

Jessie tagged me to share 6 quirky things about myself. There are loads more than 6, and to be honest, I had to get help, but here they are, in no particular order:

#1 - I hate odd numbers. In truth, I'm a little bit afraid of them. And by a little, I mean a lot; I'm kind of pathologically afraid of odd numbers. I'm convinced that only bad things can come from them. For example, when I fill up my tank with gas, I will go up as many cents as I need to in order to have it end on a "round" number, or the next whole number. AND, if I go over, even by ONE cent, I have to keep going until I end up at a number I can live with. I just have to. And, they nearly put me in apartment 187 at my new complex; good thing they found out #156 was available, or I'd've had to back out. Seriously.

#2 - I stockpile scrapbook paper. I do not have, nor do I intend to start, a scrapbook. I don't even really make cards with it. I just like knowing that I have all that cute paper on hand, "just in case."

#3 - I have what some have called an "unnatural love for office supplies." I'm not getting frisky with Post-its, and the sight of Whiteout doesn't turn me on, just in case you were wondering; but, I do love office supplies. I like having them around, I like purchasing them, and I like using them. When I was a little girl, I dreamt of being a secretary for the unlimited number of office supplies they get to have at any given time. (SIDEBAR: I was a secretary, and the office supplies were not nearly unlimited -- budgets, you know -- but, it was practically Nirvana every time I opened the supply cupboard...) In conjunction with this, I am on a seemingly never-ending search for the perfect pen. Most recently, I purchased the new Sharpie pen in black. I had such high hopes for it, and alas, it let me down. The nib is too tiny and flimsy, and it isn't near "flow-y" enough, and thus: the search continues.

#4 - I love Tropical Dots. In fact, they are the only Dots I will eat, and really, the only gummy candy I like. I will travel to find Tropical Dots (Maverik and Walgreen's locations being the most likely sources of the elusive T.D.'s), because they are kind of hard to find. When I do find them, I generally stockpile those as well. Trust me, they're worth it.

#5 - Someday, I want to own 1,000 books at one time. I made that goal when I was 9 or 10, and I said it kind of as a joke, but the idea took root, grew, and flourished. I love books (and, no, that isn't one of my quirks -- lots of people like books), and I have convinced myself that I cannot die until I have 1,000 books in one room, at one time. For the record, the library that the Beast gives Belle in Disney's "Beauty and the Beast" makes me weepy.

#6 - I hate mascots. Really, I hate anything where I can't see the person's real face, so this includes clowns, too, and I will cross the street/room/county to stay away from them. I also hate dolls with porcelain faces, because they are supposed to look like real faces, but they AREN'T, and it's just creepy.

So, there you have it. I am only going to tag Jeremiah, because Jessie tagged the other people I would've, and I'll just wait to see what they say! :)

4 comments:

Jessie said...

Oh Stephanie! No wonder we are friends! I'm not afraid of odd numbers, but I do have to make sure my gas is pumped right to the dollar mark. And if I go one cent over, I have to put enough gas in to get to the next dollar mark. Oh, and scrapbook paper? Don't get me started! (Did you know that I used to design scrapbook paper for Rusty Pickle?) And I too and a secret lover of office supplies. I constantly want to buy post its, notebooks, etc, and I too am on the hunt for the perfect pen. Let me know when you find it!

Julie said...

I love your quirks! :D

Veda said...

Try this for your "seemingly never-ending search for the perfect pen": Pilot Precise v5, extra fine. I love these for journaling.

Stephanie said...

Thanks, Veda!