8.13.2008

Puppy Love


As I mentioned in my first posting, I DO count my dog, Daisy, as family, and I do so despite the mocking I receive on multiple fronts. But, there are several reasons why Daisy is my baby girl: she offers absolutely unconditional love, without asking for much in return. As long as she has food, water, and her favorite chew toy, she's good. This makes her incredibly easy to be around; I don't know any human who is as forgiving or easy-going. We understand each other, and respect each others' space (I know that sounds odd, but if I don't bug her about her pillow under the bed, she doesn't pee all over my apartment in retribution...). Daisy is also an excellent listener, mostly because she can't talk back and/or offer "well-meaning" advice; she just sits there and watches me talk to her, and when I'm done, she just goes about her business. This is also good because I know she's keeping my secrets :) And, if I'm ever upset or sad, she instinctively knows, and comes to sit on my lap, which the dog lovers out there will understand, is an incredibly soothing thing. So, yes, I am one of "those" dog people, and I feel okay about it.

1 comment:

Julie said...

*MmmmmmWah!* Daisy, you cute little snorty stinker!