8.12.2008

And so it Begins...

Don't get me wrong: I have nothing against blogs, and have enjoyed several of them on many an occasion. I just never figured myself for a blogger. I admit that I have harbored some preconceived notions about blogs; specifically that they are 1) a ranting/venting/soapboxing venue, 2) a showcase for one's family, or 3) the product of someone having way too much time on his or her hands. I didn't think I had anything to rant and/or vent about (umm...yeah...who was I kidding?), I don't have my own family, unless you count my dog, Daisy -- which I DO, btw -- and I really have plenty to do, and thus, no reason to blog. Then, I discovered that most of my friends have blogs which is how they keep in touch, and were privy to all kinds of fun information that I didn't have. I want to keep in touch with my friends, and let's be honest: rant a bit, and so, it begins...

3 comments:

Julie said...

Your header is so gorgeous? How did you do that? Do you know blogging secrets already that I don't know?

And... if you joined the blogosphere, does that mean I now have to join Facebook?

Jessie said...

YAY! Now I we can know more about what is going on in each other's lives even though we don't talk nearly as often as we should! That's my main reason for blogging!

Your dog is SO stinkin' cute! I want one!!!

Cynde said...

Hooray, man I miss all of my friends. I would love to hang out and just have a good chat. This is the next best thing. I am glad that you've started!