8.16.2008

My Favorite Things

So, I wasn't really sure about this one. I was torn between feeling I should share these things in the spirit of exposition (this is a new blog, after all), and feeling that I shouldn't for fear of overshare. Ultimately, I decided to share my favorite things, because they are my favorites, overshare be damned! (Although, this attitude may be why I am so bad at dating...) Thus, in no particular order: my Family, whimsy, Diet Coke, crossword puzzles, Yeats, lipstick, "Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring", shoes, Atonement, and "Atonement", Pablo Neruda, Damien Rice, Pachabel's "Canon in D", easy companionship, e.e. cummings, faeries, The Outlander Series, Joshua Radin, fonts, the possibility of magic, Klimt, a fuzzy sweater, Dashboard Confessional, pedicures, Edna St. Vincent Millay, pandora.com, "Pride and Prejudice", pirates, Maeve Binchey, grammar humor, old friends, a good pen, hope, clean sheets, pork salad, wordle.net, Bach's "Air on the G String", crisp, Fall mornings, a safe embrace, "Law and Order: SVU", my iPod, "Starry Night", singing, the pleasure of familiarity, peanut M &M's, Debussy's "Claire de Lune", a good cry, inspiration, a new book, a good laugh, the smell of rain, a good kiss, The Poisonwood Bible, the Tudors, "CSI" reruns, sister time, the comfort of silence, Ding-Dongs, joy, a heated discussion, "Suite no. 1 in G Major", a full moon, pinup girls, and love.

4 comments:

Iknowaboutpopular said...

I don't think I drew breath from the moment I started reading that. So beautiful. "the comfort of silence" I'm weak.

Julie said...

You and Jeremiah both have such good lists. I love the sharage-- there cannot be too much.

But, I don't think I could make a list that pretty...

Jenn said...

You have a way with words. You always have. Hope you are doing well!

Laura said...

Speaking of old friends! How are you? I read your amazing list with a big smile on my face, especially on some of the things that brought back some great memories! I miss you and hope you are happy and well!