7.15.2010

My Kingdom for a Pensieve*

Oh, friends, there has been too much to blog. Nothing earth-shattering, but all of it new or different, and I have found it terribly difficult to filter it into something coherent. I have some posts in the works -- they almost make sense in my head -- but for now, a quick update (because I tell myself this is relevant...):

My sister and her kids were here in Utah for much of June. Sara is pregnant with a girl and due in November! I love being an auntie.

I joined a choir. It is an all-women Celtic group run by Anne-Marie Hildebrandt. You can check out some of the music here. It has been an adventure so far, and fun to sing again.

Two weeks ago, I was called as the Primary Secretary in my ward. I'm still reeling a bit from this.

I read the first two Hunger Games books, and loved them. Big recommendation.

I jotted some notes for a poem the other day. This is the first time I have done this in months.

There are more things a-swirl in my head right now, but they will have to wait.

*P.S. Extra points for those who get my ultra-nerdy reference!

3 comments:

Miss Melissa Bee said...

Hello friend! I have missed you! It sounds like your life is busy and full. I also sounds like we need a date to catch up! Hope everything works itself out splendidly! xoxo

P.S. You are a clever fox...a little Shakespeare, a little Harry Potter. A pensieve would be just a thing for a mind occupied by so many thoughts, as yours is as the moment. :)

The Rookie said...

Oh, Stephanie. Thank you for another post. I most definitely dig the new background.

And I am utterly thrilled that you are singing, jotting poetry notes, and almost-an-auntie again.

Melissa beat me to the allusions, but I believe she was correct. On all counts. We need a catch up date with all three of us very soon.

Stephanie said...

You are both correct on all counts. Yes, it was a wee bit of the Bard, followed by an HP reference, and YES, we absolutely must get together soon!