11.26.2009

In Thanks

I find it difficult to celebrate Thanksgiving without pondering the things I am thankful for. And there is much to be thankful for. I am thankful for my family who loves me, and my friends whom I love. I am thankful for my job, and thankful that it allows me to take care of myself. I am thankful for a place to live and food to eat, because I know others may not be so blessed. I am thankful for the education I received, and the things I believe. I am thankful for talents. I am thankful for the mountains around us, for seasons and beauty: the colors of autumn, the sight of trees dusted with snow, the hot, bright sun of summer, and the rebirth of spring. I am thankful for moments of grace and tender mercies, because they give me a glimpse of God.

I am Thankful.

2 comments:

Miss Melissa Bee said...

I am thankful we are friends, Steph and that we get to see little glimpses of each other in these little posts. You are amazing! Mmmmwah!

The Rookie said...

Sigh. When you stop to think about it, ain't life grand? We need to get together soon.