10.14.2009

Paving With Intentions

After my last post, I really, really intended to start sharing more of my "moments" here on my blog. I want to notice more of them, embrace them, and what better way to do that, than by sharing them? Plus, and this seems selfish, but it's a good way to practice my writing.

So, I'm going to try harder. I am. To that end, here is a moment I had yesterday:

I was driving away from IKEA, headed towards the on-ramp for I-15, when I looked up, and saw the Draper Temple misted in fog, against the backdrop of brilliant red foliage on the rugged Wasatch Mountains. It was so beautiful, and I was grateful that I saw it. Grateful that I noticed. Just grateful...

1 comment:

The Rookie said...

Autumn is a season of gratitude for me. I don't know what it is--the vibrant color, the crispness in the air, the intensity of the blue in the sky? Something about the entirety of this season forces me to take pause and appreciate that I'm here. That I'm able to appreciate it at all.