6.23.2009

Priceless

I still talk to, and occasionally get together with, my girlfriends from high school. We have made an effort to stay in touch, and try to see each other at least once a year. Last night was such a get together. There are six of us, and despite having vastly different lives, and being at different places in said lives, we still find things to talk about. Mostly we laugh, sometimes we cry, but I think we always leave each other feeling grateful for the others. I know I do. I am so grateful for them, and for the long-standing friendship we share. They are tolerant when I talk too much, and over share, and whatnot, but more importantly, they are wonderful, amazing women, whom I love and admire so much. Laura, who works so hard to take care of her family, and does so with a smile on her face. Jenn, who is going back to school, while raising a beautiful trio of children. Jessie, who has chased her dream, and is an artist (an incredible one to boot). Cynde, who is smart and a fantastic mother. Julie, who has a strong and touching testimony, even after enduring hardships most of us will not be called upon to face. All of them are lovely, gorgeous women, who have the most exquisitely beautiful souls I've ever seen. I am proud and privileged to call them my friends. Thank you, ladies, for your examples to me, and the love and support I have felt from you over the years. I love you!

I think we can relate to this:

5 comments:

Jessie said...

Steph, that is beautiful... I teared up reading this. I love you so much! Oh, and yes, I think we can relate!

Miss Melissa Bee said...

Beautiful, Steph! I love the way you include the quiet beauty of the friendships between women. You are lucky to have such wonderful friends. We are also so lucky to be women! :)

Laura said...

Holy goosebumps batman! You are so dear to my heart! Thank you for such a beautiful post and for putting up with me all these years! I love you more!

Jenn said...

You made me cry! I love you, too!

Cynde said...

Wow, I have had no time lately anf just read this. Love you too. You have an amazing way worth words and am looking firwar to seeing your dreams become a reality.
love you-