1.13.2009

Murder, She Heard

As I blogged in September, I was working on moving into a new apartment, and hoping I could do it all with my schedule, blah, blah, blah. I did get it done, and I got moved. Unfortunately, I hated it from the beginning. I kind of felt like it was a mistake, and that I should've backed out when I had the chance. But, I figured I would get over it, and things would get better. They didn't. In fact, they got much, much worse...
I had been in the apartment for only about 5 weeks when a guy was stabbed. TO death. 10 feet from my bedroom window! Um, yeah... I heard the "altercation". I had a minor (okay, major) freak out, and left. I have been staying with my parents since before Thanksgiving, and am now officially staying here for the foreseeable future. The reason? When I tried to talk to my landlord about the fact that someone was stabbed right outside my window, and wanted some way to get out of my lease due to unsafe conditions, they tried to evict me! Bastards, right? So, I had 3 days to leave my apartment, or I was going to be formally evicted. I got out, all my stuff is in a hastily rented storage unit, and I am more or less homeless.
I have learned two things: 1) I need to trust my instincts, and 2) the west side is the Danger Zone... And, if anyone knows of an apartment to rent, or a condo to buy, I'm all ears...

2 comments:

Cynde said...

I've missed hearing about your life. But that is really freaky. I would have done the same thing if you could have gotten me out of the corner of my room in the fetal position that is. I probably would have called my mother hysterical. I don;t even want to think about what I would have done if my kids had been with me. I hope things are looking up.

Jenn said...

Yes. I would say that the west side is a "danger zone". CRAZY! I am so glad that you got out of there! Hope that we can go to dinner soon.