2.03.2011

A Thought

It really sucks, a lot, when you realize that no matter how old you get, or how confident you try to be, or how emotionally strong you've been feeling, there are still situations -- and people -- who can make you feel pathetic; like the pity friend; like you are still, and will forever be, the delusional, fat, geeky, [insert disparaging adjective here] friend whom they are laughing at behind your back. And perhaps they are. Laughing at me, I mean. I can't care anymore. And while I did spend much of today feeling rather "less than," I'm going to be okay. Because I'm old enough now, and brave enough, to tell them to go to hell, with a sidecar of kiss my ass. 

And I think that's amazing. 

2 comments:

The Rookie said...

Oh, Miss Stephanie. You are simply divine! If for no other reason than you said "with a sidecar of kiss my ass." Even though we both know you are fabulous for so many reasons beyond that.

For the record, they can kiss my ass as well. ALL of it. That's a lot of ass.

Stephanie said...

Rookie, I love you for that! Thank you!